Monday, August 26, 2013

Susie from Stanton at KCAD: Introduction

Life is sometimes as slow as molasses. Then, like lightning, we find ourselves in changing circumstance. Since I'm a 'go-with-the-flow' person/ path of least resistance (think 'the power of water', not 'coward'), this life-change is frequent. 

Did you know I'm a student at Kendall College of Art & Design in Grand Rapids? Yes, It's true! Yesterday at orientation I got my KCAD Student ID and everything! Immersed in a sea of creatives--I am overwhelmed! This place pin-pointedly addresses my artistic nature--something I've never quite allowed myself before. It's glorious.

I was going to move into the city, then decided I couldn't afford it, so my mind was settled on commuting an hour (two) everyday. But then a slightly cheaper spot opened closer to downtown, so here I come Grand Rapids! It's a bumpy transition, moving into "The Treehouse" (as my future housemates dubbed their dwelling) the first week of classes.

Excitement. Excitement. Excitement. 

I'm nervous, of course. I'm writing this at 5am because the adrenaline produced by pursuing this dream equates to only needing four hours of sleep. Earlier, when I refused to get out of bed, staring up at the dark ceiling, my mind was full of questions, like, "How will I manage to afford supplies? I need a better wardrobe-how can I afford it? How much am I actually going to eat this semester? Am I going to get a callback for a job? How is this dream sustainable *at all*?"

But there's not doubt in my mind that this is the right thing to do. Susie from Stanton at KCAD, fine-tuning her intrinsic skills. Praise be to God. 

If you're the praying sort, send word His way: for my provision, a means-of-income, sustainable well-being, positive/growing living and academic situations. Frequent verbal and written encouragement would be deeply appreciated. Sometimes I (we) need to be reminded that hard things are worth doing. 

Thank you for reading thus far! May you be encouraged and inspired towards your own God-given goals! Peace & Blessings, brothers and sisters in Christ and friends of the world. 

Now, in your best ninja voice, say, "HI-YA!"


No comments:

Post a Comment