Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Me, Me, Me

 “Live for something higher, bigger and better than you.” 
Is what a tea tag says. I saw it on facebook.
I felt convicted. Why? 
I spent much of this day at work buried deep in a book, then my laptop, researching, learning, applying to "scholarships". Trying to apply everything to my life, trying to find things that will benefit ME, because after all, I'm worried about how I will afford college this fall and where I will find housing and get a job. Legitimate concerns, but I use SO MUCH of my time thinking, worrying, plotting about this. 

What about the 6billion other people on this planet? Or just simply my co-workers, my parents, the people I pass by today? Could I take a freaking minute to engage with them instead of feeling like they're infringing on 'my' valuable time?

That starts, I guess with putting this computer down for the day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment