Friday, May 24, 2013

To Be or Not To Be: that is the power of my choice

You know those silent, imaginary arguments you have in your head? I do that a lot. I just caught myself doing that right now. Who was I 'talking to' this time? I think some hypothetical co-worker. And I was arguing something silly: the term I would use if I was in a relationship (and I was using it in the argument as if I *was* in one), and "they" had a problem with that. I caught myself with this thought: wow, these arguments contain so many falsities...What I'm arguing *for* isn't a reality (I'm not even in a relationship), and who I'm arguing *with* isn't a reality, and I wouldn't want to be so abrasive in reality...and I looked around me. Look how quite it is! See your present circumstance? Quiet. The sun is dawning. Someone's unloading a truck next door. Someone's taking a shower downstairs. Listen. THIS is your present reality. JUST. BREATHE. Be. Here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment